Meet Mikal Knotek
Mikal Knotek has been a successful mortgage professional, manager, technology entrepreneur and industry consultant. Mikal entered the mortgage industry in 1991. Learning the business from the ground up, he quickly became a production leader. In 1997, he co-founded an independent residential mortgage group. In 1998, he moved the group business to Bell Mortgage and helped evolve Bell into one of the area's premier residential mortgage lenders.
While still in the mortgage origination business, Mikal also founded Audit Technologies, a lender-based audit and consulting firm. His industry insight provided new portfolio management tools for lenders. Audit Technologies and Mikal's growing residential mortgage business led to the establishing of Clear View Software, Inc. in 2001. Leveraging his industry knowledge and technical background, Mikal developed ground-breaking technology to move data between consumers and lenders with speed and security.
In addition to Mikal's residential originations, he co-founded the Bell Mortgage Commercial Lending Group. He has functioned as the Bell Mortgage Commercial Lending Group's Chief Lending Officer and direct connection to local and national lenders.
Mikal provides mortgage planning for your short- and long-term financial success!
Our process is smooth and simple from start to finish:
- Talk with me. I will work with you to help you determine your financing options and answer all your questions.
- Apply Online. Complete your mortgage application at your convenience through our online application.
- Work together through final approval. From the time your application is received, I work with you to ensure you move through the process checkpoints to final approval.
- Closing on your loan. Prior to loan closing, I will review the Closing Disclosure, funds needed and documentation to bring to close with you. On closing day the final documents are signed at the title company and you receive the keys to your new home!
Home Financing Calculators
- Should I refinance?
- How much will my fixed rate mortgage payment be?
- How much will my adjustable rate mortgage payments be?
- How much will my payments be for a balloon mortgage?
- Should I rent or buy?
- Which mortgage is better for me?
- How much will I save by increasing my mortgage payment?
- How much mortgage might I qualify for?
- How much home can I afford?
- Should I consolidate my loans?
Thank you so much for your help in financing our new home. You were great to work with and made us feel very comfortable. You and Sam both made the whole process a lot easier and less scary than we anticipated. And we love the house!
Becky & Steve
There are a lot of myths about financing a new home – and we’re here to dispel them for you! Here are some of the most commonly held “mortgage myths”:
- You need a 20% down payment to purchase a home. False! You may qualify for an FHA mortgage or other special program that can reduce the amount of down payment you need.
- Getting pre-approved costs a lot of money. False! At Bell Mortgage, you can apply for online or in-person pre-approval, and it’s fast and free!
- You should wait until you are ready to buy to find out what mortgage you qualify for. False! You should get pre-approved 6 months before you’re ready to move. That allows you more time to save, repair credit issues or even look for a home.
- All mortgage companies are alike: False! Our Bell Mortgage team brings years of financing experience and the region’s largest mortgage bank to your home loan! That means competitive rates, programs, costs and unequaled personal service.
About Super Mortgage Professionals
Mikal Knotek was named to the 2015 list of Super Mortgage Professionals, independently chosen by the homeowners they serve and approved by industry leaders. This list is compiled by Twin Cities Business, Mpls.-St. Paul Magazine and Crescendo Business Services, an Eagan-based market research company. It includes only about 130 mortgage professionals who successfully navigate mortgages.
Mortgage professionals named to the list were graded on customer service, integrity, market knowledge, communication, closing preparation, finding the best rates and overall satisfaction. Each professional went through a rigorous screening process, then was reviewed by a panel of mortgage and real estate industry experts selected to participate in the process based on their experience and knowledge of the industry.